Friday, January 18, 2013

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Heath Bar Cookies

It was a late night.  I could feel the need for baking rushing through my blood.  I spotted the Heath Bar bits in my freezer, the Quaker Oats staring me in the eye from the pantry, and the smooth peanut butter not far off.  The combination was meant to be! 



I quickly looked up some sort of recipe that I could go off of to get me started but exchanged the Heath Bar for the chocolate chips that were required in this recipe: Simply Scratch.


Right now I am sitting in my living room drowning in Kleenex and wishing that I could be going for a run in this beautiful California weather.  But I can't because I have one clogged ear, two runny nostrils, and a burning throat.  To top it off I was blessed with this state while on vacation in Cabo San Lucas with my mom!  I have to return to school in 2 or 3 days and really hope I am better because flying with this monster was no fun the first time around! 

Anyways... I would love to bake right now but everyone is afraid of me so sadly I guess that won't happen until I am healthy (it's probably for the best).  

So yes, these cookies were delicious and easy and fabulous and you must try them and I am sorry for my lack of imagination today as I am not feeling very zippy. 

Here we go:

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups of Quaker oats
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup smooth peanut butter
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
3/4 tsp. vanilla
1 cup Heath Bar bits (or more if you want)


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350.
Combine the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl: oats, flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt.
Combine butter, peanut butter, and sugars in an electric mixer and mix until fully incorporated (a few minutes).
Add eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla.
While mixing on low speed, slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.  
Stir in Heath Bar bits.


Form round spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a lined cookie sheet and place evenly apart, allowing room for expansion. 
Press lightly down on each ball of cookie dough to flatten slightly.


Bake for 10-13 minutes and remove from the oven to allow them to cool on a rack.

Enjoy with milk while warm and gooey! Happy Baking and next time you hear from me it will most likely be from Portlandia!

No comments:

Post a Comment