Wednesday, April 6, 2016

White Chocolate Snickerdoodle Mug Cake

Hello loves! It's me Kelsey, I'm still alive! I truly, madly, deeply want to get back into the whole blogging thing because it's such a great creative outlet for me and allows me to cook and bake as much as I want.... Jake you don't mind right?

I was having my time of the month cravings last night and really just wanted something yummy and I wanted it fast.  I found a recipe from Five Heart Home for a Snickerdoodle mug cake that inspired me to create my own, so thanks for that! 


Unfortunately my photos may not do this justice since they were taken on my iPhone but you just have to trust me on this one- I would eat it every night if I was allowed to.  Even though it's made in the microwave I was shocked at how moist and cakey it came out!  One important note is to make sure to use a big enough mug with straight edges for best cooking, though mine honestly did not rise very much. 


I hope that I can continue making deliciousness but I am starting adult real person work life soon so we shall see.  At least now I will have coworkers to bring yummy gifts to!  I just moved to Denver about a month ago and Jake and I are loving it.  The restaurants are delicious and all over the place, there's friendly people everywhere, and the mountains and outdoor activities are awesome!  I don't think we will be leaving anytime soon. 


Thanks to everyone who is reading- you're all wonderful! Alright to the recipe!

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp. sugar 
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (at least)
  • 1/4 cup almond milk (you can use any kind)
  • 2 tbsp. salted butter (melted in microwave first)
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/8-1/4 cup white chocolate chips 

  For garnish: 

  • 1/2 tbsp. sugar
  • 1/8 tsp. cinnamon 
Directions: 


1.  Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon in a medium bowl.
2.  Combine almond milk, butter, and vanilla in a separate medium bowl.  Combine dry ingredients into wet until you reach a smooth consistency. 
3.  Fold in white chocolate chips.
4.  Pour 1/3 of batter into mug, sprinkle some cinnamon sugar and repeat layering process making sure to finish the top off with some cinnamon sugar. 
5.  Place in the microwave for 1 min 30 seconds-2 minutes.*

*For me it finished around 1 minute and 45 seconds but it depends on the strength of your appliance! 

Happy Baking!


1 comment:

  1. I just googled white chocolate + cinnamon sugar + mug cake and came across this. It came out perfect at a minute thirty and was exactly what I was craving!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete