Saturday, October 10, 2015

Pumpkin "Ice Cream" (Dairy Free)

Hey y'all! As promised I'm back as soon as I could be! This recipe is one I came across a few months ago and wanted to wait until pumpkin season to carry out.  

In the last year or two I've become a lot more sensitive to dairy hence the presence of dairy free recipes.  I sure do miss full fat creamy ice cream and sometimes it's worth it for the stomach ache but not always. 


This recipe is pretty simple and all your really need are the ingredients and a food processor, which makes things easy.  As you will see the recipe is done after you combine all the ingredients in a food processor and it is up to you if you want to eat it as soft serve right away or freeze it and bring it back out at a later date.  

I also have to give credit to The Gracious Pantry blog for inspiring me for this recipe! I only made half of what the recipe called for but I will provide the full amounts so your batch will be twice as big as the pictures I provide! 

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful October fall thus far and is looking forward to the holiday season.  My pumpkin frenzy has been off the charts lately.  Here is the photo of the lunch I made the other day of pumpkin french toast.  The bread soak was made up of just an egg, about 1/4 cup of pumpkin, a splash or vanilla, a splash of almond milk, and a few sprinkles of pumpkin spice! It was way too good. 


Enough about my obsessions... here's the recipe!

Ingredients:

4 bananas 
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 maple syrup
1.5 tsp pumpkin spice 

Photo: my favorite maple syrup! 

Directions: 

1.  Chop up 4 bananas into slices and freeze in tupperware overnight. 
2.  The next day combine bananas, pumpkin, maple syrup (to taste), and pumpkin spice in a food processor until uniform.  This will create a frozen yogurt consistency that is delicious! 


3.  If you would like a more icy consistency (as in the first photo on the post) place in a tupperware container and place in the freezer and enjoy at a later time!

Photo: pre-freezer ice cream.

Hope you try it out and happy baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment