Saturday, August 11, 2012

White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

White chocolate... delicious.  Dried cranberries... delicious.  So let's combine them and see what happens! Oh wait... I just did.



These may possibly be the best cookies I have ever had.  That being said, I may be biased, as white chocolate trumps all in my world.  And I don't know what it is about oats in desserts but they are just so darn good.  They are able to add that perfect amount of crunch... mmmm.

Too bad this batch only made about 18 cookies because they disappeared so fast in my house!  I would strongly recommend to anyone making this to double the recipe.


Ingredients

This recipe will make about 18 decent sized cookies (2 pans of 9).

5/8 cup whole wheat flour (this is 1/2 cup plus 1/8 cup... sorry for weird measurements)
5/8 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup salted butter 
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup oats (I used the Quaker quick oats because it was all I had at the moment but I think it was actually better because they were finer/smaller but normal oats are perfectly good as well)
3/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
3/4 cup white chocolate chips (I love the Ghiradelli white chocolate chips but of course feel free to buy Lindt or some other high quality and chop it up)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.  Beat butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla.


In a separate medium-sized bowl combine whole wheat flour, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until it is well combined.  Finally add oats, then chopped cranberries, then white chocolate chips.


Make decent sized cookie dough balls and spread them out evenly on a pre-greased cookie dough sheet. You should be able to easily fit about 9 on one sheet.  Bake for about 10 minutes at 375 or until you see the edges just starting to get brown (don't overcook them!).  Make sure to eat a warm freshly baked one- they are the best!


Enjoy! Feel free to comment, follow, ask me anything, share with your friends, and try this recipe out! I promise you won't regret it, it's simple yet decadent. Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment