Sunday, November 3, 2013

Peach Nectarine Cobbler

It's been quite awhile, hello all! I have been through a lot of major transitions lately with moving to a new city and whatnot so my apologies for being absent.  I have a few old recipes to post in the near future. 

This is a peach cobbler with a butter cookie dough frosting.  It is super duper easy, doesn't take long at all, is very sweet, and is great paired with some vanilla ice cream.



I made this in the summer when the weather was still incredibly nice and the fruit was amazing.  I used both orange nectarines and white peaches I believe.  I'm not going to lie, I made this ages ago so I don't remember the exact measurement of the fruit part (I do have exact numbers for the topping which is the most important).

I'll leave it up to you but I would recommend using 2-3 nectarines and 2-3 peaches and cutting them up.  You probably want to coat them with about 3/4 cup of sugar and some lemon juice.  You can play with the amounts (if you like it sweet add more, less sweet don't put as much).  I apologize for not making it straight forward but its pretty easy and variable.  

Below I will put the recipe for the topping!

I love each season for different reasons but the fall in Oregon is beautiful.  We have been blessed with great weather (which is just now seeming to leave us) and the leaves are falling from the trees in an array of great color.  In California I never really noticed the beauty of the Fall and the foliage here is in a much greater density so I am able to appreciate it. 

Also, the fall means fall foods like pumpkin! Anything pumpkin flavored is going to be something I like, so this time of year is amazing yet dangerous for me. 

Ingredients

This recipe makes 8-inch square pan of cobbler. 

Topping:
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 stick unsalted, softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk 
1/4 tsp. vanilla 

Fruit:
4-6 nectarines/peaches
1/2-1 cup sugar
2-3 tbsp. lemon juice 


Directions: 

1.  Prepare your fruit filling and place into a pre-greased 8-inch square pan. 
2.  Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
3.  Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Then, beat in the egg yolk and vanilla.  
4.  Mix in dry flour mixture.
5.  Dollop dough over the fruit (try your best to spread over evenly).
6.  Bake at 375 for about 40-50 minutes or when the crust is a golden brown color.


Enjoy this immensely! And make sure you use good, ripe fruit. 



Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment