Hello again, friends of the baking community! It's been awhile, I know, and I wanted to give you an extra special gift for being patient! These are oatmeal peanut butter cookies, that happen to be gluten free, made into a sandwich that has pureed frozen banana in the center.
To update you on my life I have about one more week of classes, finals, and then I am finally headed home for a nice long summer which I am so excited about! It has also been gorgeous weather in Portland, which is hard to believe, but it is so hard to sit inside and study when it is 75 degrees out!
My friends and I are huge Pinterest people and love to freeze pieces of frozen banana, throw them into the food processor or blender, and make it into a creamy ice cream that has just one ingredient: the bananas themselves!
Beware: if cookies are just out of the oven they will be impossible to resist and sandwiches will be very messy. So bring plenty of napkins.
I used the peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe from Ambitious Kitchen, which you guys should check out if you are interested.
This recipe makes 15-20 cookies.
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1.5 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
2/3 cup chocolate chips
2 sliced frozen bananas
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a small bowl combine oats and baking soda.
3. In a separate larger bowl mix together peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Then, add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips and mix until combined.
4. Roll into 1.5 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Press down lightly to flatten slightly before placing in the oven for 9-11 minutes. Remove when the edges start to turn golden brown.
5. While your cookies are baking, make the banana puree. You should already have 2 frozen sliced bananas that have been in the freezer for at least 4 hours. Place in a food processor and blend until creamy!
6. Place between 2 cookies and INDULGE!
These are not difficult at all so I hope you try it out and make again! Happy baking!