Saturday, January 5, 2013

Kahlua Chocolate Cake

So... funny story.  My mom makes this supreme bundt Kahlua chocolate cake every time the holidays come around.  She makes it for my siblings' teachers, friends, and our family! About a year and a half ago we adopted a second Guide Dog breeder, whose name, believe it or not, is "Kahlua." She is such a sweetie pie and now this cake that is made every year has an even deeper correlation with our family.


I have always just eaten this cake... this year I actually learned how to make it! It's super easy and probably only takes about 15 minutes because it is the glorifying of cake mix. 

Make sure you have a good bundt cake pan and once you remove the cake from the oven you must wait for it to cool before dumping the cake out because it can turn very messy very quickly. 


Also: don't forget to spray it with nonstick cooking spray to ensure your creation gets out safely! 
I know that many people have heard of or have had this cake, but now you can make it on your own. 


One of the reasons it is so yummy is that it has 3/4 cup of Kahlua.  My little 10 year old sister saw the cake sitting in the kitchen and said, "Darn! I can't have any!" and I replied with a "Why not?" and she said "Because it has alcohol in it!" But do not fret because anyone can have this at any age as the alcohol cooks out but leaves the flavor for your enjoyment. 

Ingredients: 

This recipe makes one Kahlua chocolate bundt cake.

Devils food cake mix
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup Kahlua
1 cup of chocolate chips


Directions: 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
In an electric mixer combine cake mix, sour cream, 4 eggs, vegetable oil, and Kahlua.  Mix on low until well combined and then on medium-high for several minutes until it becomes a lighter color and has a fluffy texture (2-3 minutes).
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees. 
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.

I know I forgot to do this for my pictures but remember to sprinkle with powdered sugar!

Make this cake. Just trust me on this one, you will not regret it. 

Happy Baking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment