Monday, June 24, 2013

Raspberry White Chocolate Cupcakes


So this recipe is actually technically just for the frosting because the cake I used is just a standard box vanilla or yellow cake mix (I did not have a lot of time). But the frosting was AMAZING! It has fresh raspberry puree and melted white chocolate, so how could it not be!?  If I made this again I would make the cake myself and add some white chocolate or raspberry to the cake mix as well. 

Currently I am sitting at home on a rainy day with a very sore throat drinking lemon tea and eating lentil soup. Not the ideal summer day but it forces me to get some things done including posting this recipe!

These cupcakes were not planned at all.  I was hired to make 12 cupcakes for a birthday party and mini cupcakes for a family friends party.  The mini cupcakes are shown below and have the same frosting and chocolate shavings on top. 


I also used these adorable cupcake liners for the minis! I thought the liners for the big ones were pretty sassy as well. 


The birthday party I was supposed to make sunflower cupcakes for got cancelled, but I had already make the cake part so I used my leftover raspberry white chocolate frosting and it worked out just fine! I also topped the big cupcakes with white chocolate chips and pearl sprinkles. 


I was inspired for this frosting recipe from the blog Love Stitched, but I did change it up a bit. 

Ingredients

This recipe makes frosting for 24 cupcakes.

1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/4-1/2 cup chilled cream cheese (depending on how thick you want it)
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
4-5 Tbsp. raspberry puree (made from 1/2 cup frozen raspberries)

*Optional garnish: white chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc. 



Directions:

1. First you should start with the raspberry puree by placing roughly 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries in a strainer over a bowl and let them thaw for at least 30 minutes.
Once they have softened, mash with a spoon inside the strainer until all you have left is the seeds. Set aside for use later. 


2. In a small saucepan bring heavy cream to a gentle boil.  Immediately pour over white chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl and mix with a fork.  
3. In an electric mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until smooth (may take several minutes).
4. Turn mixer speed down and pour in the cream/white chocolate mixture.  Increase speed until well incorporated.  Add in salt and vanilla.
5. While mixing on low, add in desired amount of raspberry puree, and combine. 
6. Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes to stiffen, if needed, or if not using immediately. 
7. Pipe onto cupcakes or cake with desired tip and add garnish if you wish! Refrigerate right after piping if you are not serving them immediately.

Enjoy! Happy Baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment